Summary of Retirement Information
The Adventist Retirement 403b plan has some important changes that you as an employee need to know about.
1. Adventist Retirement has implemented a new Automatic Escalation Policy with regard to retirement contributions. You can read the legal notice HERE.
2. What this means for employees is that all new employees will be automatically set up to contribute 3% or 3.26% if a teacher on a 10-month contract.
3. Starting on July 1, 2018, each employee’s retirement contributions will be increased by 1% each July 1 until they reach a contribution rate of 7%. Therefore, an employee currently contributing 3% would be automatically increased to 4% on July 1, 2018, then 5% on July 1, 2019, etc. until they reach 7%.
4. If you do wish to contribute a different amount, you will no longer use a Salary Reduction Agreement form as in the past, but will rather login to the Empower Website to your retirement account to make contribution changes. LOGIN HERE.
5. The reason for this change is to encourage employees to participate in the retirement plan at a level that will provide them with a reasonable retirement income. It will require action on the employees’ part to decrease contributions or refrain from contributing to their retirement plan.
www.adventistretirement.org for more information.